We’re looking for a key team member!
Norfolk Scouts has an opportunity for a positive, energetic and enthusiastic volunteer to take the role of County Media Development Manager.
As the successful candidate, you would be responsible for promoting a modern and exciting public image of Scouting, sharing relevant information and facts about us via appropriate media throughout Norfolk.
You will be a key member of the County Management and Support Team who are responsible for the strategic operation of our 8,000 strong member organisation.
Your line manager would be the County Commissioner (Area Manager), there would be the opportunity for some support from our paid administrator and you could also build a small team to support your work.
There is also a dedicated contact at UK Scouting’s HQ to support the successful applicant in all aspects of internal and external media work.
The key responsibilities are:
- Seeking and identifying Scout good news stories and promote these to the local media.
- Establish a media plan for the County in order to promote Scouting in the County.
- Develop and maintain a list of local media contacts
- Liaise with the HQ PR team, giving updates on coverage and seeking support
- Monitoring local media coverage and to feedback success stories to local Scouting volunteers and HQ.
- Sharing good media practice across the County
You need to be:
- willing to accept a volunteer appointment at County level
- able to commit around 5 hours per week and be able to work flexibly to accommodate the dynamic nature of media work.
- IT literate and have access to a PC with internet and email at least once a day (being able to access email on the move is an advantage in the role, but not necessary)
- a proactive, creative thinker, dedicated to promoting and developing Scouting
We will provide you with:
- access to our large stocks of professionally produced national material, including many customisable items.
- a small budget to develop your role and achieve your objectives
- access to our training and development programmes, many modules of these can be externally credited
- a ‘different’ and interesting additional experience to your CV
- a warm welcome to our small, friendly but focused team.
Take a look at the Role Description for the Media Manager, if you have any questions just get in touch.
Tel: 01603 502246 or firstname.lastname@example.org