Youth United Panel
An amazing opportunity for Explorer Scouts and adults under 25 years old to influence the future of uniformed youth services.
Ornella Nsio, Policy and Public Affairs Executive (Parliament) at The Scout Association shares details about this exciting venture.
The Youth United Foundation and Leaders Unlocked are looking for 15 young people to become Youth United Panel members!
The Youth United Panel will give young people aged 14-24 the opportunity to give their views to national decision makers and influence the future of uniformed youth services.
Between March and January 2019, panel members will:
- Take part in Youth United Panel events: You will participate in 3 Panel events. (March, April, May) in London. At these events, you will come together as a team to set goals for the project, share your views and experiences, and work with experts and decision-makers.
- Be involved in peer research: You will be involved in carrying out peer-to-peer research through interviews and surveys to gather the views of other young people in uniformed groups. As a rough guide, we would expect each Panel members to carry out 1-2 days of peer research (depending on your other commitments).
- Final showcase event with decision-makers: You will present your findings and conclusions to key officials at a showcase event, which will also celebrate your achievements on the project. (This event will be held during May or June, at a date to be agreed with the Panel)
What will I get from being part of the Panel?
As a Panel member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss issues with decision-makers: You will meet key officials from government and other agencies, and help them to understand what young adults in your peer group think about uniformed youth services.
- Develop your skills and experience: You will gain valuable skills and experience, which you will be able to use for your CV and applications to further or higher education or employment.
- Represent the views of other young people: You will give a voice to young people in your area by helping them to get their views heard.
- Meet new people: You will meet a diverse range of young people from across England, and work alongside professionals from different organisations.
Travel expenses will be covered for attendance at all meetings and lunch will be provided.
How to apply
Please fill in the following application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12 March 2018.
Section 1: If you are under 18, you must also fill out the section regarding your Parent /Guardian /Carer. All members under the age of 18 will be asked to bring along a signed consent form to the first event. After the deadline, Youth United and Leaders unlocked will carry out telephone interviews with shortlisted applicants. All applicants will be informed of the outcome by 15 March.
Remember: Please email your completed application form to email@example.com by Monday 12 March 2018.
Policy and Public Affairs Executive (Parliament)
The Scout Association
Flyers and application form:
YUF Youth Panel Application Form
YUF Panel Parent Consent Form