We’re looking for a new lead volunteer for East Norfolk District
East Norfolk Scout District is a vibrant and diverse Scouting community that has a mixture of Groups in rural and urban areas. Encompassing the whole of the Borough of Great Yarmouth and local communities within easy reach the district has a friendly a dynamic vibe.
The current District Commissioner, Jennifer was appointed in 2011 and moves on to new challenges having completed the maximum period allowed in the Scout rules (POR)
With the clear leadership of the District Commissioner and her team the District has united and grown and now provides quality programme both in Group and District settings.
The County had formed a Search Group led by John Howling they are looking for a positive, motivated person who will:
- Ensure that the District thrives and has the best systems in place to support the Groups, to support all adult volunteers in the District and to develop Scouting in the District
- Provide line management and support to the adults in the District that directly report to you including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
- Produce a vision for the District and implement a development plan to meet that vision.
- Ensure that Scouting in the District is attractive to young people and adults from all backgrounds in the District.
- Ensure that the District has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the area.
- Ensure that problems within the District are resolved so that excellent Scouting is provided to young people in the District.
- Work with the County Commissioner and other District Commissioners to ensure that the Scouting in the County thrives.
Take a look at the vacancy pack
Applications or suggestions of names are sought by 31 July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org